( Open v3 )
TypeRocket 3.0 is a complete rethinking of how you work with and build themes. We have considered the new PHP version landscape, component/modular based designs and so much more.
What is new in TypeRocket 3.0?
- Core Unit Tests: We have begun the process of unit testing!
- New builder Typerocket plugin: Design component based pages without the hassle.
- Search field: Search taxonomies and any post type with this field.
- Improved stability: With the upgrade to PHP 5.5.9 and WordPress 4.5.
- Improved structure: Configuring TypeRocket is even easier now.
- Enhanced fields: Every field has been analyzed and improved with new method for common tasks like setting help text.
- Taxonomy fields: Now add fields to taxonomies without making your own API.
- EOL for field bracket syntax: Moved to dot notation for fields.
- Format property for Models: Sanitize data before it is saved with extreme ease. Wildcards too!
- Improved Autoloading: Making your own controllers, models, middleware, kernel and fields no longer requires the TypeRocket namespace.
- Color field improved: Added color palettes.
- Kernel and Middleware: Now use any namespace for middleware you like.
- Refactored assets: We now use coffee script and SASS by taking advantage of gulp.
- Front-end Mode: Added the ability to more easily enable TypeRocket on the front-end.
- Pages: New pages API to make building custom views in the admin simple.
- Admin Page Views: Create views for your custom admin pages.
- Theme Views: Create views for your custom theme views.
- Custom Routes: Create routes for the front-end and map them to your controllers.
- Schema Model: Create custom tables and access them using the new schema model system.
- Custom Middleware Routing: Use middleware based on what action is called. You longer need to apply middleware to every action a controller takes.
- Tables: New layout option for tables. Create for custom admin pages that use the new schema models.
- Auto Controller Dependency Injection: Controllers automatically inject dependencies.
- Validation: Added custom resource validation class.
- New Icons: You now have new icons to choose from.
- Custom Icons: You can now extend icons for post types and pages for a totally custom admin.
- Composer: We now use composer.
- CLI Added: We now have a CLI called galaxy.
- Use as Root: You can now use TypeRocket as the root of your project over WordPress.
- Theme Overriding: You can override WordPress themes and hide your template files from the public.
- Tables: You can now have custom admin tables with search and more.
- Bug fixes: Many little fixes.
- And a lot more!