TypeRocket v5.1 Has Launch
TypeRocket v5.1 has launched. Much has changed in this release, mainly the new WordPress 6.0 and PHP 7.4 minimum requirements. We made these changes for several reasons:
- The hosting companies I've looked into only support PHP 7.4 and higher.
- PHP security fixes are ending for PHP 7.4 on the 28th of Nov 2022. PHP 7.2 support ended a long time ago.
- I have battle-tested TypeRocket on PHP 7.4 for a few years. All tests passed.
- We would get all the new things in PHP since 7.2. From 7.3 and 7.4. Mainly with PHP 7.4, we can start using "typed properties", "arrow functions", and "unpacking inside arrays".
- TypeRocket will run faster on top of PHP 7.4 as an overall developer experience.
- 🚨 Increased PHP required version to 7.4.
- 🚨 Increase WordPress required version to 6.0.
- 🚨 Update
WordPressMailDriverso that it uses the core
- 🚨 Services now load at the same point in time on all install types.
- 🚨 Enabled job and queue system default.
- Add site health info.
- Improve model doc blocks and add PHP 8.0 ArrayShapes.
- Improve internal comments.
- Remove previous PHP version checks.
- Remove x-frame-options from cookies config.
- Bug fixes.
For those using custom TypeRocket services, if you are using the WordPress hook
add_action('after_setup_theme') within your service you will need to replace it with